Monday, March 2, 2009

Interview #10 J. M. Warwick

I recently had time to chat with J M Warwick author of A Season Of Eden!

Where did the idea of the book come from?
Girls having crushes on their teachers is nearly as old as sin itself. In fact, I don't know many girls who didn't have a crush on a teacher at one point in their schooling career! I did. But he was waaay old and more fatherly than a hottie like James Christian.

How long did it take you to complete the book?
About 3 months to write, another 3 to edit.

How long did it take from the start of the book and getting it published?
About 2 years. But, as you know, I am indie pubbed. The concept of the cover, the book trailer and all was my idea. I LOVE the cover. LOVE the back, with the piano keys. I really like publishing my own stuff because I can keep control over the creative aspect.

Did you listen to music when writing this book?
Totally. Eden's soundtrack is moody, dark and sexy. I only wish I'd found CHANCES by Athletes earlier. That song pretty much embodies A SEASON OF EDEN.

Do you have any writing advice for aspiring writers?
Read a lot and find good critique partners. Good critique partners are as essential as a good marriage partner. :)


What is your next project and when will it be in our hands?

Next project is another YA project: OVERPROTECTED, about a girl whose father goes to obsessive lengths to keep her safe.

Thanks for taking time out to talk to us!
Purchase A Season of Eden, here!

1 comment:

Sadako said...

Ooh, thanks for posting the interview. This book looks really great. Yeah, I can relate, I had crushes on lots of male teachers growing up, never had the stones to do anything about it like the protagonist!