Sunday, December 19, 2010

A TOUCH MORTAL Review - Leah Clifford

A TOUCH MORTAL - Leah Clifford
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pages: 432
Release: February 22, 2011

My Rating:
4.5/5.0

Description:


Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.

My Review:


I have deep interests in ghosts, the afterlife and angels. It’s not easy to pick up a YA book that can easily feel that need of mine. I really wasn't expecting much when picking up A Touch Mortal. I was terribly excited about the concept but wasn't sure anyone could pull off something original, something to make my gears turn again. I had never finished a book based on the afterlife, I was looking for something to change that.

The book had a bumpy start; I’m not going to lie. I remember thinking “Oh God, not another love story.” But I kept pushing myself through the book, by the third chapter I was completely sucked into this new world. A world full of Touch, Siders, The Fallen—a world that is so much more than ‘just an angel book.’

The book kept me thinking “What next?” which in turn kept me turning pages. Clifford gives the reader several pieces of the massive plot puzzle and slowly puts the pieces together around the middle marking point of the book

I was very pleased with this book. It was nice to pick up a book with twists and turns that actually took you by surprise. It was a beautiful debut novel. I can’t wait for the sequel. A Touch Mortal isn’t a small book, it’s a book you want to dedicate a book to because I assure you won’t want to put it down!

Buy The Book!

About Leah:

Leah Clifford has been an extreme cave tour guide, a camp counselor, a flight attendant, a pizza delivery girl, a waitress, and a grocery store clerk. Now she adds author to that list. She lives outside Cleveland, Ohio. This is her first book.

You can find Leah on her website and Twitter.


XO
Devyn

2 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

I need this book, like now! Great review.

vic caswell said...

ooh! great to hear this is good! i've had it preordered for awhile... :)