Friday, January 9, 2015

Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Saenz

Weirdly enough I checked this book out from the library about the same time that someone randomly bought the book for me on reddit. I was meant to read this book, I guess.

Aristotle and Dante, is about two young teens who are best friends, one of whom happens to be gay. It's up to the two boys to figure out what their friendship means and at what cost.

Overall I really enjoyed the book. I enjoyed how the two young men really progressed as characters and you watched them grow. Each character had their own voice, there wasn't a moment when I questioned who was currently talking.

The pace of the novel was a little off to me, I'd been reading the books for a few months now when normally I would finish a book like this in a few days. Though, with that being said--I still suggest you check this book out. It had something that many books don't. It felt real, and while sometimes reality isn't always the most interesting, it's important.

Purchase
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication: April 2014


No comments: