Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Interview #7 with J M Warwick!!

Where did the idea of your book come from?
An Open Vein stewed in my head for years. The idea of a revenge taking over someone to the point where they truly lost reality intruiged me. And I loved the idea of a love triangle with a child in the middle, both the imagery and the possibilities were very cool to me.

What is a typical day in your shoes?
I have 6 children, ages 11-22 who all live at home. So I get everyone on their way then start writing. I write from 9-5 every day that I can.

What are your writing habits (daily goals… ect)?
No goals. Just concentrated writing. With a few jumps from the computer to keep the blood flowing and my rear-end from spreading.

How long did it take from the start of the book and getting it published?
3 years.

What was your favorite part & least favorite part?
I loved it all. Being an indie author, I got to create my own cover image -- which I think is one of the strongest covers I've EVER seen. Who says authors can't decide their own covers? Who knows better what the story is about, right? I also loved finding the syringe pens I give out when I sell a book, or just give out for promo purposes. The pens are linked to the story and they have the website on them: www.anopenvein.com

Do you listen to music while you write?
Definitely. Coldplay and Keene for An Open Vein

Do you have any writing advice for aspiring writers?
The subjectivity of the business can kill you, so do your own thing.

What is your next project and when will it be in our hands?
I have a bunch of other YA books in the works but none will ever be as edgy as An Open Vein. You can find my other works at www.katherinewarwick.com

Faerie Drink would like to thank J. M. Warwick for taking time out of the day to speak to us!

No comments: