Friday, July 17, 2009

Devyn will take over THE WORLD!--With a HAT!

Ode to Devyn, His Hat & Hats in General

Back when people wore hats, things were different. I’m not saying that to be all old and nostalgic. It was. Watch an episode of The Waltons or Little House on the Prairie. See what I mean? People gave a crap about their neighbors and about their communities and people DID STUFF. They meant what they said. They kept promises. Things were simpler.

Back when people wore hats, people had manners. They said please and thank you and they apologized if they’d created an inconvenience. People worked hard. They knew their responsibilities and they fulfilled them. They didn’t expect something for nothing. There was very little time for pity parties. Life has always been short, but back when people wore hats, it was shorter.Post Options

Hats were a way to celebrate a little of what you were. You could find the perfect hat for you—something that said, “I am A.S. King and this hat says so."
Back when I had shorter hair (read: nasty 80s mullet) and my head could manage a hat, I used to wear them all the time. My favorite was a little white sailor hat. It’s barely visible in this picture, but what’s a birthday blog without a picture? (Amy, age 17.)


I have said that Devyn Burton is proof that the world would be a better place if we all went back to wearing hats. I said that because if I was half as on the ball as he is at 19, I’d have taken over the world by now. (I do believe there’s a picture of me on my 19th birthday in this blog post, as well as some really entertaining/embarrassing birthday pictures.) Devyn--May you continue to follow your dreams, achieve your goals and wear an awesome hat! And may you continue to ROCK. Hope you had a great birthday week & I’m thrilled I could be part of it!

A.S. King
End Transmission.

No comments: